Increased heartbeat, chest pain, difficulty breathing, coughing regularly. Due to hiatal hernia?

I have been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia , stomach irritation, and acid reflux based on a barrium swallow upper gi series x-rays. I am a 30 year old male, with prehypertensive blood pressure (not on medication as my GP feels that it isn t high enough to worry about) I have been put on protonics (acid blocker I think) Anyway I keep having episodes where my heart pounds hard, or rapidly, my chest has a dull ache, and I have difficulty breathing. Coughing regularly. I have never had problems with my stomach before, ever, and have been struggling with this for 10 weeks now. I get chills, kinda like I had the flu, my neck feels tight, and I have difficulty swallowing , especially steak. Is this all due to the Hiatal Hernia? How come it has never caused issues before? Any advice would be appreciated... I had an ECG or EKG (I am not sure which, or the difference) at the ER and it found nothing.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012