Increased heart rate. Have ventricular tachycardia. Normal echo. Breathlessness, palpitations. Can stress do this?

Hi I am a 39 yrs old and had taken by blood pressure and found my heart rate was 150 and bp was 180/90 at the time. Had a holter monitor done and found having ventricular tachycardia and had a echocardiogram and was told it was normal, had a Mri of the heart no results yet. Having mild short of breath for a few months so is getting checked for pulmonary embolism today with lung scan. Have a stress test booked in the next couple of months. Not sure if I am causing the palpations with stress, can stress do this. Was told have developed mild asthma, then told maybe the ventolin caused my palpations. Wondering if should be worried about this palpations. Can a person live ventricular tachycardia should I be so worried about this.My weight is 125 pounds
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi Welcome to HCM ,
ventricular tachycardia should not be neglected and evaluated in detail
as you are going on right tract for evaluation as your MRI of heart is awaited ,
after MRI you should do electrophysiological study under guidance of cardiologist and if source of ventricular tachycardia identified than ablate it under advice of electrophysiologist ,
it is true that stress will increase possibility of ventricular tachycardia ,
stay relax ,
take proper sleep ,
take your medicine regularly
consult your cardiologist with MRI report and follow his advice ,
take care