Increased heart rate. Could this be due to excessive coffee intake?

I am a 26 year old male RN. I ususally drink a moderate amount of caffeine (average 2 monster energy per 24hr) as I work night shifts. I also have worked out for the past years but recently not been going to the gym as often due to work and school schedule. Last night I noticed as I was lying in bed, while holding my breath after deep inspiration my heart rate would beat rapidly 4-6times then slow down. It almost felt like extra contractions, so I begin to worry thinking about possible PAC which I have heard is a s/e of caffeine. I plan on cutting down on the caffeine and visiting my physcian soon. Any advice or additional input?.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012