Inappropriate work at home after stroke.Is it possible?

y friend, who had a stroke several years ago, acts inappropriately at work. ie, sings loudly and vulgarly?
he is loud and repeats certian sayings allot. Some of the vendors in the building are getting offended by him. I think the stroke has affected his judgment. Do you think this is part of his disablility, or is it just attention seeking behavior. He sings songs and puts in dirty lyrics, sings them very loudly where customers can hear. he interupts vendors when they have customers. Management may say something to him soon, and may ask him to leave.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Having a husband that had a stroke about 1 year ago, I can tell you that sometimes he just blurts things out that can be offensive to people. When I quietly remind him that he should not say such things, he is very surprised at what he said and is very apologetic. My husband also has a tendency to repeat things, which can be annoying if you don't understand why he is doing it. If you are this mans friend, I would suggest that you talk with him about his behavior and see what type of reaction you get. If its one of surprise, he may be totally unaware of what he is saying. If he appears to know what he is doing, then he is having problems with self-control. Talking with family members may also help you understand his disability more. Management should be careful about letting him go, as the man is disabled and there are laws about discriminating against persons with disabilities. Having a 52 year old husband with lingering disabilities from his stroke has made me much more tolerant of disabled persons. I find I am much more patient and understanding. Maybe if someone reminded your friend that he was being offensive and quietly reminded him that he can't talk like that or sing bawdy songs, he will refrain from doing so and gain more self-control.