In what position we should measure blood pressure?

should i measure blood pressure in sleeping position or sitting position Should i measure blood pressure in sleeping position or sitting position
Asked On : Sun, 9 Jan 2011
Routinely I take BP in lying down position of my patients.I think it is better .But my anesthetist checks BP in both sitting & lying down position.I thinks it depends why are checking BP.Disclaimer
General Surgeon Dr. Anuj Sharma's  Response
for routine examination it is always advisable to take bp in sleeping position and the main aim is that you bp appratus should be at level of you heart. but in hypertensive patient bp should be recorded in both position so that you can rule out postural hypotension which is alarming situation.