Implantable Heart devices

My doctor wants to put one of these in me, I am 49 years old and he said without it, you die soon, but I am afraid? Can anyone give me some advice ?Anyone that has one out here, Its called an ICD . thanks I do have several Doctors, my concern is what to except with one of these ICD S. For those that have one or know of someone that has one would know what I am trying to say.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
They arent as bad as you expect. i had one implanted at 32, it became a real safety net for me. It has helped my heart get back to almost normal. The worst part is that if i sit just right, i can feel my heart pacing. Doesnt hurt, just feels wierd. I have had it for almost 2 years now and its a part of me. Get it done, it will make you feel much more comfortable! Good luck!