Hi.. my name is Teresa. I had pierced my belly button a few months ago and when i put a dangle belly ring in it my son had accidentally pulled on it. and it ripped. so the rip had gotten completely infected a few weeks ago. and still after cleaning it a few times a day and putting ointment on it. It is still infected and actually the rip healed but it is infected and swollen and very red. When i sleep i sleep on my belly and it tends to be super soar in the mornings. I was wondering what kinds of medicines can help with this? or what kind of cleanings would work best the fastest. I have used hydrogen poroxide and ointments and salt water seperate times. nothing seems to be really working. please help!
Asked On : Tue, 25 May 2010
Hello.welcome.You have to take oral antibiotics and ant inflammatory drugs along with proper sterile dressings.Also get your blood sugar estimation done.good luck.