I would like to know what I can expect during chemo ?

I have to start chemo soon and I was told there are some new meds out there to help with the nausea. I would like to know what they called. Also when having chemo does your hair always fall out or does it depend on the person. Basically I would like to know what I can expect during chemo.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

The chemotherapy drugs used depends on the cause also, so the side effecta also wil vary. General hair loss and weightloss are the usual side effects along with nausea. What problem are you having? And what chemotherapy has been prescribed for you???

To be perfectly honest I don't know ... I have to have surgery I have stage 2 ovarian cancer so the surgery will be in the next day or two and I was told chemo will most likely be needed for a period of time. I think I was so scared that I didn't absorb all of what I was being told and so I don't know what kind of chemo it is.

I think ChemoQNA.com can give you a great deal of information about chemo as well as information about alternative options and also how to rebuild your immune system if you do take chemo
ChemoQNA.com will be a valuable tool for you.

It will also show you how to rebuild your immune system so the cancer won't return.

i was on the EPOCH system, and they gave me compazine for the nausea. I had stage 2 large b-cell lymphoma, centered in the mediastinal mass. It worked for the bit i suffered from, though i think i was on a relatively low dose, as i had the hair loss, but not weight loss, it was round 4 before i got mucositis, and a bout of pneumonia. I also had an overclocked mind after each treatment, but that one actually helped at times.