I use to drink twice or thrice in a week

Dear sir, I use to drink twice or thrice in a week,is it harmful?my age is 30.male

Asked On : Thu, 11 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The amount of alcohol consumed which is normal to one varies.. Ideally any thing above 2 servings of alcohol in a day is considered harmful. So if you are drinking more than 2 servings even once a week is considered harmful.. In the presence of few other medical problems, alcohol consumption has to be completely avoided, to avoid complications..

Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Not only frequency even quantity you consume is equally important. So long you donot
drink more than two peg in a day ie sixty ml per day will not harm you provided your
health is normal. Thanks