I think my dad is choosing to commit suicide via stroke, please suggest

I think my dad is choosing to commit suicide via stroke. We believe my father had a stroke over the weekend. His speech is slurred he has no use of his left arm and he says he is experiencing pain on the right side of his head . He is refusing medical attention. He has been depressed for quite some time and I think he is planning on using this as his chosen form of suicide. How can we help him if he is refusing to help himself ?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Feb 2010