I noticed the percentage of blood in the sputum has increased

hi. i ve been having cold and cough for last 4-5 days, and slight fever of upto 38 degrees. i ve been advices adol tablets and a cough syrup along with some antibiotics by my local doctor. 3 days back, i started to notice, when i clear the sputum from my nose at the washroom, i see blood mixed with the sputum. and today, i noticed the percentage of blood in the sputum has increased. however, when i cleaned my nose with a tissue, there was no blood at all. so the blood comes only with the sputum. i wonder why. please advice doctor .
Asked On : Sun, 14 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Blood could be coming from anywhere- right from the insignificant upper respiratory inflammation to the dangerous lower respiratory infection. So its time you pay a visit to the Doc again.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.