I need info on shaving private area

Well, I never shaved down there before and it is very bushy. I know that is gross, but I really need help. I am afraid that if I try to shave, everything will get tangled because I have so much hair. And no, waxing is out of the question. Thank you everyone! I will ask my mom if I am allowed.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
dear x

1st cut the hair to small size either by scissor or trimmer after applying lotion savlon then shave with electronics shaver. dont go for waxing as it will cause infection. take help of somebodyelse if u can t do alone

trim it first......the decide on how you want the cut style, a strip a triangle and arrow type thing, or all bald. to me i like to keep alittle womanhood witha stripe. ......start shaving in the direction of the hair growth first then against and always finish by closing the folicle (witht the hair growth direction)   .......its easiest in the bath tub for the first few times till you get a feel of it......dont be afraid to use your finger as a guide or to steady the skin still either.     but once you start it impossible to stop,, so for the first time i would say just trim it and get used to the feel, then later make the decision.    also be careful about putting lotion on i suggest olive oil if you get irritated or dry

trim it first with scissors then shave