I just went to the bathroom and noticed my stools were a dark green

I just went to the bathroom and noticed my stools were a dark this serious ?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011
Dont worry, it appears to be a solitary episode. Eat well and have lots of water, it will disapear. If it is a recurring problem, stools need to be examined by a Pathologist to rule out any pathogenic infection including fungal etc. Stool exam will also bring out any metabolic disease. Dont worry, it may not recur.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.If it was a solitary stool then it is nothing and may due to something you had in your food.But if you are having many green motions in a day then it could be due to some infection in your intestines for which you need to consult your doctor for the medications.good luck.
  Anonymous's Response
Think about what you been eating or any medication you are on...