I hit my head hard and there is an indent and a swelling. Feels restricted while raising brows. Is it serious?

Hello. I (43yr old female) just bumped my head (forehead) pretty hard on a door frame to an under-the-stairs closet (I didn't duck enough and moved into it full speed). The spot indented first and straight away. There is some outer swelling now but the spot of contact looks to be a bit indented still. (As a mother i was told for the kids' bumps - bumps out are good - bumps that are indented are not good). I did not lose consciousness. It feels strange when i try to raise my eyebrows (and thus the forehead too). Do i need to go to the ER or can/should I wait it out?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Welcome to healthcare magic
If it is indented that means there is a small caving in of your cranium. Even though you didn't lose consciousness I would recommend you to go to ER for a scan to rule out internal injuries and fracture of cranium.