I have panic attacks, please help

i had one last night. my heart was racing so fast, the fastest it has ever beaten ever. it was really scary i thought i was going to die. and unfortunately, i feel another one coming on can i stop them. and how can i end them when they are happening. and they usually happen when its night time and i am alone and everyone is alseep. i dont know why. maybe i am depressed. i dont knnow. i just really need help. cheers
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
I've had panic attcks before, and usually they came when I was trying to fall asleep like you said when everyone around was asleep. It always helped me to watch tv, or read, or get up and do anything to get my mind off it until I literally fall asleep. They can be the most terrifying things in the world, but just remember that everything is okay no matter what your body is telling you, if your body was really in some sort of trouble, you wouldn't be able to worry about it. Try very hard to relax, and if you need to, wake someone up to talk to you or sit with you until you fall asleep.

I go through this too, I find cold water dabed on my face or going outside to feel the cold air helps, I don't know what brings them on but I know now that I have to control them and tell yourself that you are ok.