I have pain and swelling under left rib cage. Suggest me the treatment

Hi, I had fallen ill after Christmas with what appeared to me to be a cold. It affected my chest , headaches, earaches, bad cough, etc. I noticed I had swelling under my left rib cage and the prickling bothered me - it woke me up at night. This pain was on my right side as well. I chose at the beginning to fight if off without the help of a physician. After many weeks, I still had an earache, my side now bothers me quite a bit and I don t feel the energy I am used to. I sought the help of a physician who arranged for a blood tests. I learned I had very high liver enzymes. He immediately wanted to send me for an ultra sound. I had been on two medications which I felt I was not tolerating well. These medications were Didrocal and Crestor. I stopped taking both medications because I thought my pancreas and liver might be working overtime because of them. Over several weeks I had two more blood tests and the liver enzymes (as of yesterday) were back to normal. I still have the swelling under my left rib cage (it feels as though something is going on in there like gurgles and pinching). My doctor has now made an appointment for me to get an ultra sound of my stomach to see what is going on. My appointment is on March 9th, 2011. I also have an eye infection which I cannot clear, its sticky...almost like an allergy ). My side feels as though its going to burst. My doctor did not inspect it. Eating seems to bother it. Should I simply wait for the ultrasound or is there something I could be doing to reduce my discomfort before I get a diagnosis. I was surprised to learn that this was a bacterial infection and not a viral infection and may have taken some antibiotics had I known. Another 2 people picked this up at the same time I did at a dinner. Can I get your professional advice as to what I should do for myself at this time? Thank you very much. I would appreciate any suggestions you can make.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011