I have lots of white mucus in my throat, swallowed a piece of gum 6 months ago

I swallowed a pice of gum 6 months ago. It feels like its stille there, and i get ill a lot. I seem to get problems with the space between my throat, nose and mouth. I get a lot of white mucus that i cant seem to get rid of, and it irritates my breathing by cloging my airways. The feeling in my throat is like something is moving around up and down, but only on the left side. It also only seems to be on the left side i get a sore throat , and infection like symtons. i can sort of palpate my self, if get my throat relaxed by lying on my bed, with my head downward over the edge of the bed. When i press on the left side of my throat, i feels like i can move an objekt up to the top of my throat, and better get rid of mucus, though its still hard to do. What should i do? I have been to the doctors, but have not had any thorrough eksam.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011