I have increased TSH as well, please help

I am on anti epileptic drugs and have gained weight. tell me whether i should stop my medicine or exercise more. I have increased TSH as well.HELP!
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jun 2010
While taking anti epileptic medicines you can have some weight gain as an adverse effect of the drugs.But since sudden stoppage of your drugs can cause withdrawal seizures..
Anti epileptic drugs can affect the function of the thyroid gland leading to sub clinical hypothyroidism ...

thanx for ur advice doctor. can u please suggest whether i should start to exercise more then? which diet will be suitable for me the most. I had also taken Diane35 every day for one and a half years so as to reduce my facial hairs. please help!
General & Family Physician Dr. K.S Sanju's  Response
There are other anti epileptic drugs which do not cause thyroid dysfunction..S o you can consult your treating physician for a change of drug and his opinion ..