I have hurted my tooth, please suggest me remedy for it

I was playing basketball when I got hit at 1 of my 2 big tooth. Its not out of its socket or anything. It looks aligned with the other tooth. Its just when i move it about 1/4 of a cm, it starts hurting. What should I do ?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Feb 2010
Dentist 's  Response
A trauma to teeth can affect is vitality. Yous should consult a dentist and an Xray should be taken. The mobility of the tooth should be assessed by the dentist. You have not mentioned your age which is an important factor in determining the treatment.
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
dont often move and check your teeth , which will make the condition more worse. if pain or mobility increases by time then please visit a denist. dont worry. take care.
Dentist Dr. Mohit Kumar Chourasiya's  Response
first to visit your dentist if any pain or sensitivity is their....take radio graph to obtain how much tooth lost and any root fracture is not there ......what is your age? take look the apex of the root it must be closed....

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, a tooth becomes mobile after a trauma for some time. It will hurt when you try to move it. So please do not try to check on it repeatedly. The mobility will decrease after some days as the tooth refixes in the socket. If you notice any discoloration or swelling near the root of the tooth, consult a dentist. Otherwise you do not need to worry. You can take pain killers for symptomatic relief. Take care!
  Anonymous's Response

Leave it alone, why do you try to manipulate it. it hurts more. does it bleed? it cause infectionof the socket and it is nnot good then.