I have high uric acid of 8.0. any suggestions

I have high uric acid problem it is 8.0 please could you suggest some thing for me
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Hi Dear Doctor, I am a male and 32 years old, and my Uric acid is 8. and i have joint pain in my leg and swelling and i take Zyloric tabe 300mg ,I want know is zyloric have any sideffectes on kidneyes and sex?
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
hi shahid ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
i think ur uric acid level is not so high
ui should try to control by diet only
try to avoid proteins like pulses,protein excess leads to the uric acid formation so try to consult some orthopaedicains which would be much helpful n dont worry u wil be fine
Hi Dear doctor. i hav high level uric acid is almost in 8 plaese tell me am i must stope eating tomato too?
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Shahid,thanks for query.Your uric acid levels are high but not very high.If you are symptomatic means having joint pain etc.you need medicines along with diet modification.Please consult your doctor for medicines.Avoid taking high protein diet like pulses,dals etc.Keep your blood checked on regular basis ,you will be fine.take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
hi shahid ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
As you know the uric acid is high ;the high levels of uric acid affect the Joints of our body causing swelling; inflammation giving rise to pain in joints.This condition is called Gout.The main question is do you have any symptoms?;if you don't have it is fine just control your diet .Avoid or reduce intake of meat;beef;tomato;brinjal(better is to stop non-veg for some time till the levels revert to normal).If you have any symptoms please consult a doctor for treatment if it is required.
Thanks

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.