I have high pulse rate. What do you think of this opinion, should I relax and just listen to him ?

I am a 28 yr old male. I m not in very good shape and Im overweight. I also have had high blood pressure for about 8 yrs., 145/80 on average. I recently went to a cardiologist for palpitations. He did a 24 hr holter monitor and seen i had on average 1 PVC per minute (1300 somethin he said) in 24 hrs. He said that i shouldnt worry about them as long as they dont occur in groups. He also did a echocardiogram and said my right atrium was just a little large, again; he said nothing to worry about. He then did a stress test. My pulse rate got as high as 158. He said he saw a few PVC s during that but not enough to worry. So anyways, he said I should just keep taking my atenolol 50mg bid and to not worry. He said to call him if I begin to get PVC s in groups of 3 or more or have any chest pain . What do you think of this opinion, should I relax and just listen to him ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009