I have hard bumps under my tongue along the jaw bone . What could this be?

i have hard bumps under my tongue along the jaw bone . What could this be? They seem to be getting bigger. I can feel them in my mouth. Its annoying, but not painful. Female 24 years old
Asked On : Mon, 24 Jan 2011
Dentist 's  Response
most probably it must be your bone's growth. to determine what's the abnormality you should have a clear history of that lump and consult a dentist soon. he will decide the tests required to find out the problem and start treating it accordingly. take care
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
They are probably mandibular tori.... get it examined by an oral surgeon and get them surgically removed if they are getting bigger.
take care...
Dentist Dr. Jenkins sahayam P's  Response
this could be a mandibular tori that is a localised lay up of bone in particular regions which is harmless . how small u noticed and how far has it grown in how much time , all these things have to be considered. better visit a dentist at the earliest to rule out other lesions