I have had re-occurring, painful pea-sized or smaller lumps inside my anal area

I have this issue that I am embarrassed to go to the Dr. with... It goes like this..... I am a 39 year old female who has never been pregnant . No history of medical issues and have regular, normal BM s. Yet, over the last year, I have had re-occurring, painful pea-sized or smaller lumps inside my anal area. They do not bleed and even though very small, the pain is quite severe at times. Eventually it will go away altogether, but then re-occur again in either the same spot or sometimes even in a different location, still right inside the anus. Any idea what this could be? Thank you for your time as it is very much appreciated....
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
The description suggest that you are suffering from PILES / HEMORRHOIDS. The veins in and around your anus have become swollen. They may cause pain, bleeding , diffculty in passing stool , discomfort in walking/sitting etc.
Since its not severe, some life style changes and dietary modifications will be enough. If it worses surgery is indicated.
You may seek help of a homoeopath for this.

Meanwhile avoiding contipation by taking plenty of water (preferably hot water), fluids, whole grains, lots of salads & fruits will help .

I would suggest you to visit a doctor , keeping aside the embrassment, to confirm the diagnosis and rule out any thing els.