I have had a pain in my upper right abdomen but reports are normal

Hi I have had a pain (well, more of just an uncomfortable feeling) in my upper right abdomen for a while now. I had hurt my ribs and thought it was just that, but this has continued and I am a little worried. My doctor carried out some blood tests which all came back as normal, then I had an x-ray in which he said he couldn't see anything but that it may be a fatty liver , so I was sent for an ultrasound to find out more. I am still waiting for the results but have become worried about what they may find, just being paranoid, but would appreciate your thoughts - i.e. if it is a fatty liver, is this serious and can it be cured with medication/diet? I am 48 years old, female, Scottish, in general good health and don't have any other problems. I am going through menopause and gained a lot of weight last year. Have since been exercising about 4 or 5 times a week on my elliptical trainer and have lost some weight (5 kilos) but still got a bit to go. I am 5'5" and at the moment weigh 68 kilos. Any thoughts you have I would be grateful. Many thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jun 2010