I have dry and itchy eyes and my memory is blurred considerably

Hi... I am 26 years old. I have been experiencing dry and itchy eyes since the last couple of weeks. I wear glasses of -4 on each eye. Occasionally, I have severe headaches at a certain point on my head, as if a needle is piercing... My memory s blurred considerably and I seem to be lost in my own world sometimes, unweary of stuff going around me... Can you please help me with these?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011

Welcome to HCM.
Dry eyes are prevented by frequent movement of our eyelids. If the eyelids forget to blink regularly, dry eyes are the result. This is most commonly seen in persons who are working with computers over a long period of time without rest. If you are one of them, make it a habit to look away from the monitor every 5 minutes, close your eyes and open them again. Artificial tears are also available, which you may use to keep your eyes wet.
Head ache could be caused by using improper glasses. When did you last check your visual acuity? If it's over a year or more, get your eye refractory power checked again and get a new set of spectacles according to your current lens power requirement.
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
Your headaches and memory problem dont seem to be related to your dry eyes or refractory error. Most common cause of memory problem in your age group is anxiety, which can be associated with problems similar to those of yours. Try maintaining a relaxed and helathy lifestyle and seek professional help if you are going through a stressful situation.