I have been suffering from muscle displacement in my right elbow since I was 1 month old.

I am female, 27 yrs.old. I have been suffering from muscle displacement in my right elbow since I was 1 month old. I once had an operation but it didn t helped.Now according to doctor if the operation is done there is a high chances of loosening of muscles and I may not be able to do anything. Currently I can eat and write with this hand but can t lift the things and there is some movement problem also.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Nov 2010
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
By seeing your history you may be having dislocation of your elbow from child hood with laxity of ligaments, this condition is difficult to treat, but modality of treatement can only be selected after examination and doing some investigation. i think it is possible to correct elbow displacement with surgery and physiotheraphy.
take care