I have been suffering from left side neck pain for the past 4 years

hi, i have been suffering from left side neck pain for the past 4 years which pains persistent. on touching the left side of neck i can feel lumb which is not on the right side. sometimes its also pains near the shoulder but not regular, i feel as if something crawling and in the shoulder/ neck region..i also feel pain in the left side of my chest , on strecthicng left hand i feel pain and heaviness right from chest till palm..sometimes it even leads to numbness in leg but my life is primary effected by this pain in neck and shoulder.i already visited several doctors some say it s muscle problem while some say it could be a nerve. i am jsut 29 and dont know how got this problem..one dr told me that it could be problem in the left side of chest which causing pain in the neck region and not allowing blood to circulate properly. there was no injury or any accident. when it pains it makes me depressed and my memory also effects due to this and am not able to concentrate..i already consulted several dr, i am not suffering from cervical either.. one dr advised me to take neucobal od for 6 weeks which i am yet to start taking..prior to this i visited physio/chiropratic who gave me myril which did not help. plz suggest what kind of pain is this and is it sage to take neucobal od for this prob,,how can i get rid of this prob as it makes me depressed and i have lost all hole pf getting well. also, when i touch area near my left armpit i feel tightness and swollen which i dont see in right side. i also hear popping sound when i rotate my left shoulder or move my neck toward right.plz help me !
Asked On : Thu, 11 Aug 2011