I have been suffering from abdomen pain since 2001. I have frequent bouts of constipation and shiny sticky stools may be due to mucus and gas all the time

i have been suffering from left sided pain in my abdomen since 2001.first it was a simple uti which got treated by a cephalosporin .then again in 2003 i got this pain but this time all the urine tests were negative.ivp and us normal.during this time twice i passed red blood like a flowing stream during bowel movement .no blood after that till 2009.but pain and discomfort continued.pain is mostly 2006 father was diagnosed with polyps so in 2009 i underwent i wasnt sedated i saw an area of redness( inflammation ) in my rectum .the rest of colon was normal looking the doctor said the mucosa was atrophic in rectum with loss of light reflex and obscure vascular pattern he took 1 biopsy from rectum and 1 from normal looking colon. in biopsy report there was mild to moderate non specific colitis in rectum and mild non specific colitis in the other sample.there was no atypia or cryptitis or any other abnormality.he also said i had grade 3 piles three of them.after the colonoscopy i bled during bm for about a month but this time the blood was smeared over the stool . also once i got black tarry stool.i took mesacol for 2 months only. then this year i spotted blood just once.last week i underwent another colonoscopy with a different dr who was highly recommended this time i was sedated and the doctor said he did not find anything abnormal no inflammation no piles did not even take biopsy.i had taken mesacol for a week before the colonoscopy.he said i have ibs but couldnt give me any reason for blood in my stool .i have also undewent 3 upper gi endoscopies without biopsy everything was normal but there is still heaviness and distention of my abdomen and now it has spread to my right side as well . i have frequent bouts of constipation and shiny sticky stools maybe due to mucus and gas all the time.plz tell me is it ibs or ibd .is there some blood test to confirm the diagnosis.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Nov 2010