I have been bleeding for two months. what could be causing this ?

I have been bleeding for two months, there were three days that i did not bleed, since then it has been getting progressively worse theres clots and very heavy bleeding ( my periods are normally 16-17 days) I have gone through 5 boxes of tampons , my cramps are horrible. can you think of what is causing this?!?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Nov 2010
Am a Nutritionist ,and this is very common thing now days bcoz of the bad diets... rather than taking medicine all the time you need supplements for complete me i have some good supplements for this thing which already proven.

Dr Sanjibita