I have an unsafe sex with my girlfriend

i have an unsafe sex with my girlfriend last night, i am thinking abt hiv chekup,, can u plz advise me for chekups which kind of test i can do
Asked On : Wed, 24 Feb 2010
Hi,thanks for query.First of all please avoid this dangerous practice so that you do not have to regret later.The earliest you can get tested is 3 weeks.this test is not routinely available at all the centers.Most of the routine tests done can be taken only after 6 weeks to 3 months.
wishing you good health.
firstly it is too early to go for a test even if you have contracted HIV there is - what we call "a window period " before any test can be conclusive the period is about 3-6 weeks But the test that can detect the virus this early is very expensive.

The other standard tests like the ELISA- will be useful at around 12-24 weeks