I have a small lump about the size of a ball, kindly suggest the remedy

Hello, I have a small lump about the size of a ball (about half the size of a table tennis ball) on my leg, on the side of the knee area. It is not close to bones, its more like on the side muscle of the leg. I found it 3 days ago and since then it hasn t grown or changed. It is hard and a bit painful when touched. You cant see it on the leg unless you touch it and there is no redness. It doesnt bother me when I walk but if I notice I feel it a bit when I run. I visited my medical centre today and a nurse had a look. She said it is probably a cyst and suggested I take Ibuprofen 3 times a day for 3 days. If it doesn t go away or reduce in 3-4 days she said it might be an infection and I should go back for antibiotics . What do you think? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011