I have a lump in the middle of my rib cage. should I be concerned ?

i have this lump right in the middle of rib cage it was mobile but now it feels like it has attached, it started out being the size of a dime, but now its oblong and my stomach is very swollen. when i sit i can feel it putting pressure on my upper abdomen should i be concerned
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic!
First of all, when did your lump start? Is it painful? Is it hard or soft? Does the skin over the lump look normal or is there any change which makes the skin look different in comparison to the surrounding skin? How much has it increased in size? Is the lump growing from the bone? It is difficult to opine without examination, so I advise you to visit a consultant who would offer an opinion after examining your lump.
Regards and best wishes.