I have 165 RBC in blood, is this diabetes ?

in a report I came to know that I have 165 RBS doctors told me symptoms of diabetes how can i take care to overcome
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
hi

welcome to health care magic
dont rely on rbs report its better to go for lab test.

diabetes symptom are increased thrist,increased appetite,frequent urination if you have all this than better go for diabetes profile test done along with fasting urine test and post lunch urine test

good luck
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
You have not mentioned your age. Random Blood Sugar (RBS) of 165 is not that high, as it depends on the amount of glucose / fructose / starch etc. containing food that you consumed prior to the test.

Better would be to have a glucose challenge test done and if it is within normal limits, you need only to control your sweet intake. If it is above normal then depending upon the severity you may need diet control and or medication.
HELLO...
WELCOME TO HCM

YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL IS HIGH, THAT IS DIABETES. BUT IS 165 SO IF YOU KEEP STRICK DIET FREE FROM SUGAR , REGULAR EXIRSIZE , EVERY DAY 1-2 KM WALKING THAT MAY DECREASE YOUR SUGAR LEVEL. AVOID RISE IN FOOD , MANGO , SWEET FRUIT. YOGA MAY HELP WITH THIS .. WITH ALL THIS REGULAR SUGAR CHEK UP ... IF NOT RESPOND THEN CONSULT PHYSICIAN FOR MEDICINE...

TAKE CARE.
Diabetologist Dr. Sudharshan's  Response
Hi

Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

With RBS alone we cant come to the diagnosis of diabetes, please get ur fasting and postprandial blood sugars in lab if fasting is more than 126mg/l then ur diabetic, with the report consult a ur doctor so that u will get awareness, education and counselling regarding diabetes.
80% of diabetic patients will be asymptomatic

Not to worry

Hope I have answered ur question

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
This is not the standard way to diagnose Diabetes mellitus. Get a fasting blood sugar done. Don't eat a high carbohydrate meal dinner like lot of rice. After dinner make sure you do the test 8-10 hours later, that is in the morning. Don't have breakfast or even Tea before doing the test. After you give your fasting blood sample, you may eat breakfast. Again after 2 hours of breakfast give another blood sample.
Diabetes is diagnosed if Fasting blood sugar is more than 126 and after food 2 hours blood sugar is more than 200. You must reduce that carbohydrate and sugar in your diet. Exercise daily by brisk walking for 40 minutes. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.