I had this random shot of pain on side of my chest, should I be worried ?

Im a 14 year old boy and i will admit im kind of a worrier. Today i had this random shot of pain (not excruciating) every now an then on the left side of my chest . Also my heartbeat seems to be going faster eveny dad noticed when i asked him. They think im just making a big deal out of nothing, should i be worries?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Hi Jeffy, Main questions: Are there any other symptom along w/the sharp pain (dizziness, shortness of breath, weakness)? Is the pain reproduceable on exertion? If the answers to the first, but especially the second, are "No." Then, you've nothing to worry about. Internal bits sometimes get pinched by ribs, especially by young ones. Your pulse can race for little or no reason, seemingly. Good Luck.