I had developed white patches on my face, how can I get rid of them ?

I had developed white patches on my face few months ago and it still exists, how can I get rid of them ?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Jan 2011
what was the cause of white patches told to u ? have u developed them earlier too and did they disappear spontaneously? what is ur age? what treatment have u taken till date?are there white patches elsewhere? are u prone to recurrent cough colds?
Dr.Resham Vasani
Anand Polyclinic,
Near Mani's Lunch Home,
Ruia College Road,
Matunga east
022 24142841
i don't know the cause of the white patches on my face because i haven't consulted any dermatologist till now...yes,i had developed 'em earlier but they disappeared age is 18...i don't 've them anywhere else except my face...i am prone to recurrent skin is sensitive and gets easily tanned...can overexposure to sun be one of the causes for white patches?
noone in my family has white patches...