I had blood vessels courterised due to nose bleed now experiencing mucus and cannot breath or smell. What could be the reason ?

About a year or so ago I had the blood vessels in both nostrils courterised due to recurrent nose bleeds, since having them courterised I have been getting extreme build ups of mucus to the point I cannot breathe or smell anything what-so-ever, when I blow my nose hardly anything comes out but what does come out is very sticky... If I push my nose up only a few millimetres I can breathe fine. I m just wondering if there is anything I can do or whether it was something that is caused through having the paste on the end of a matchstick to courterise the blood vessels, many thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011