I had alot f mucus and I started to bleed, what do I do ?

What do I have ? I had fever and I was blowing my nose because I had alot f mucus and I started to bleed! what do I do and what may I have ?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
dont worry, nasal bleeding is because of forceful blowing of nose. just avoid doing this.
General & Family Physician Dr. JItendra Sharma's  Response
Fever with lot of mucus- May be you are having sinusitis (please see a ENT specialist, if the symptoms do not improve). however nose bleeding is because of abits like nose picking or foreful blowing. do not panic. Just pinch ur nose and apply some ice packs externally.

That should subside that bleeding. Please consult an ENT specialist- if the complaints persist

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
In presence of could and cold the blood supply to nose increases.It gets congested,and on repeated picking the mucosa inside the nose gets fragile and may bleed on force blowing or nose picking.If have symptoms like this your not need to worry.Apply some moisturizer with finger inside your nose and do blow forcefully.In most of the cases this will not lead to bleeding again,but it happens again pl.see your doctor for local examination.