I get very sharp stabbing pains in the lower abdomen and dull achy feelings. Could it be ovarian cancer ?

I m a bit worried about going to the doctors and being told off for wasting time. I read an article in a magazine and recognised a lot of the symptoms I m having. It was about ovarian cancer . I get very sharp stabbing pains in the lower abdomen and dull achy feelings. I haven t changed my diet recently and so cannot explain my sudden increase in weight, mainly around the tummy. I feel very bloated and gassy most days, my bowel habits have changed quite a bit and I need to pee more than four times a day (which is a lot for me). I ve also been suffering from very strong back pains on the left side at the bottom. I m wandering if I m reading too much into this article or I should go to the doctors and get checked out? The other thing that makes me worry is that my parents were first cousins and my dads dad died of bowel cancer. I am a 23 year old woman, have asthma , have had weight problems in the past and also have never been able to conceive. My cycle has not been normal for a few years, either late or never there and varies between very very heavy and then barely there
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011