I get sticky and dense fluid in my mouth. Is it a Gastric problem ?

Hi Doctor, My dad is having gastric and constipation problem from last 10 yrs. recently he is complaining that he gets some kind of very sticky and dense secretion/fluid in his mouth. He is complaining that some times he gets the feeling of semi chocked throat because of that sticky fluid. I have taken him to gastrologist as I felt that all these things are happening because of his gastric problems but he want to see throat specialist first. His details :-- 1) Age :- 69 Yrs 2) Alcohol/ tobacco consumption :-- Never 3) weight :- 44 Kgs 4) Diet :- moderate / below than normal 5) No other problems ( Heart , Blood pressure , diabetiese) 6) He has got big time fobia for doctors and medicines, and he is all time afraid to take any kind of medicines. And he always feels that if he is getting any problem after taking some medicines its only because of the side effects of the medicines. 7) Solography was normal, it was taken 1 month back. 8) He is very week now and got swelling on his face and lower part of the legs. I would really appreciate, if any body can guide me what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Apr 2011