I get brownish spit in the morning

Hi, I am 33 yrs old male and since last week have been spitting brownish spit in the morning, after the intial spitting the saliva is of normal colour. I have had acidity issue for sometime and also did a months medicine course for its treatment. Pl. advice what course of action to take further to control/cure this. PS: have a sedantry lifestyle due to work nature and also oveweight. Really worried.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Apr 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Initial sputum if it is brownish can be clotted blood coming from posterior part of the nose if you have had recent cold & cough.Also see if there is any symptom like loss of weight;fever;weakness.If you have any symptoms get investigated.If there is no symptom then there should be nothing to worry about but examination is necessary to find the cause or to rule out any problem.