I get a sharp pain right below my ribs, How to get rid of it

Every time I breath in it hurts the inside of my ribs, also every time I lie down i get a sharp pain right below my ribs. Its hard for me to talk and walk because i am in so much pain my spine also hurts when i sit for a long time but i feel less pain in the front when I am hunched over
Asked On : Sat, 29 May 2010
Hi nicole;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If you have pain below your ribs if on front side it can be due to inflammation of liver or gall bladder and if on the back side then it can be due to spine or kidney.It will be better to get a physical examination done by consulting a doctor so that a diagnosis can be made.So please visit a doctor ;he will examine you and if needed investigate and then treat you.