I feel faint in the hospital

i am a healthcare student and just started my hospital placement, i have been in 2 days and both days i have got spells of dizziness , i get really hot and get tunnel hearing and my eyesight goes fuzzy. How do i stop this, its not even when i see anything like blood , normally im just standing listening to my mentor talking to someone! please help !
Asked On : Sat, 8 Jan 2011
From the details given you seem to be suffering from acute situational anxiety a near phobic condition. What you need to undergo is systematic desenitization process. A clinical psychologist specilized in cognitive behavior therapy can help you out. If you want to try it by yourself get trained in sytematic relaxation models, then visualize the sitution (invivo) and bring down the resulting anxiety by using the realxation method. But getting the process done by a professional is always preferable
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.There is fear of unknown and not getting used to the new working environment.Please make sure you never attend hospital on empty stomach.Always have your good breakfast in morning and then only go there.Keep your mind busy and if allowed sit,rather then standing.Do deep breathing when you are sensing some problem,drink plenty of fluids during the day and you will be fine.
wishing you good health.