I feel everybody around me are dirty. What could be the reason for this type of thinking?

I AM SUDHA BAJPAI AGED 46.TWO YEARS BACK I STARTED FEELING THAT EVERYTHING WAS DIRTY AROUND ME AND I REFRAINED FROM WALKING ON THE ROAD.I DID NOT EVEN LIKE PEOPLE COMING TO MY HOUSE WITH SHOES IN.LATELY THE PROBLEM HAS INCREASED AND EVERYTIME I USE THE TOILET I TAKE A BATH AND CLEAN THE TOILET EVEN AFTER URINATING.I FEEL DEPRESSED AND WANT TO CRY.I CAN'T EVEN CONCENTRATE OR DEVIATE MY MIND TO ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES.I FEEL EVERYBODY IS UNHYGENIC AFTER USING THE LOO.IS THERE A CURE FOR MY PROBLEM?ADVISE..I'M A RESIDENT OF DOON.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. It is good to keep yourself and your home clean and healthy... I feel it is completely normal behaviour.. However if these thoughts have been continuous and recurrent requring you to keep cleaning all the day and is hampering your other daily work, then you may need help.. You can sort help from behavioural therapy..

Automysophobia- Fear of being dirty.

check it out and see if there are any excersizes to ease this anxiety disorder. if not, try consulting a psychiatrist