I am suffering from pus and swollen tonsils. Should i be worried ?

Over the past 2 days i have been incredibly thirsty and my throat has felt really dry. No matter how much water I drink I still have the same dry feeling in my throat. Today I checked out my throat because it started to feel a little tight, and both of my tonsils are really swollen and on the right side it is almost completely covered with white patches, the left side it looks like there are pimples , like pus under the skin on my tonsil. Also, the bumps on the back of my tongue, the ones that look like big taste buds, are also swollen but that too doesnt cause me any pain, its more of just a tighteness that i feel in my throat. I don t have a fever , no problems breathing, no allergies, my throat is red, but what i find really odd is that I m not in any pain. I have had plenty of sinus infections and tonsilitis, but these usually cause me severe pain. Which isn t the case now. I dont want to go to the doctor if i can avoid it. Should i be worried ? like i said im in no pain, just my throat feels tight and im REALLY thirsty.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011