I am having pain just below the ribs while breathing and coughing. Could this be ulcer or kidney stone ?

Good morning doctor , I am 33 year old male. I am having severe pain in my left stomatch, just below the ribs. Whenever i take a breath , i am feeling the pain over there. Infact, whenever i cough or hiccup, i feel the pain in the said area. Last night, i was not able to sleep flat. Not sure if the same is related to some acidity issue. However my worry is that if these are some some symptoms of Ulcer or kidney stone. Do let me know what is the actual issue.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011