I am getting a chest pain. Is it a muscular pain or something related to heart ?

I feel like there is an apple stuck in between my breastbone. I went hospital two weeks ago with the chest pain . They did an ECG twice, but they couldn’t find anything wrong with my heart , so they diagnosed me with muscular pain. I was prescribed with naproxen 500mg. I have been taking the medicine for a week, however I discovered that it has many side effects so I stopped consuming it. But I am still suffering from the pain and it feels as if I have a heavy chest. The pain begins when I sit backwards or after I have eaten some food. Often my shoulders begin to ache. For the past two years my period have been irregular, and I am now 42 years of age. I am getting hot flashes and I am wondering if this is anything to do with my chest pains. Also when I press my chest with my hand I do receive some sort of relief. Please help me to solve my problem.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011