I am a smoker. Started coughing with mucus. X-ray done. What are the chances of COPD?

hello, I am a smoker , smoked for 30 year for about half a pack per day average, lately i wake up in the morning without coughing , just hock up glob of thick mucus in the size of the head of the pinky finger , i went to see three doctors they listens to my lung , and one xray and doctor said it is not copd , but i look on internet it is not definite since xray and stesthoscope are not really effective to detect copd in early stage ,
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012