1. what are the symptoms associated with your suffocation: are they more of breathing, choking, fainting, light headiness??
2. your living space and altitude, is it well ventilated or enclosed space or at high altitude??
3. check your hemoglobin
level,as low blood results in reduced carrying of oxygen to various organs and the person may feel suffocated.
4. are you suffering from any panic attacks lately??
5. check with your doctor,who may go for Investigation like Chest X-ray to rule out any lung/heart pathology, and even x-ray of sinuses to rule out any sinusitis
6. your Amygdala
portion in brain is concerned with these types of panic disorders, so make an appointment with a Psychiatrist
for cognitive therapy
7. any family history of the same??