I always feel suffocated. Please let know what to do ?

Although I have no disease, yet feel suffocated.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Nov 2010
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. what are the symptoms associated with your suffocation: are they more of breathing, choking, fainting, light headiness??
2. your living space and altitude, is it well ventilated or enclosed space or at high altitude??
3. check your hemoglobin level,as low blood results in reduced carrying of oxygen to various organs and the person may feel suffocated.
4. are you suffering from any panic attacks lately??
5. check with your doctor,who may go for Investigation like Chest X-ray to rule out any lung/heart pathology, and even x-ray of sinuses to rule out any sinusitis./DNS
6. your Amygdala portion in brain is concerned with these types of panic disorders, so make an appointment with a Psychiatrist for cognitive therapy.
7. any family history of the same??
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response

Any symptom is abnormal. It needs to be investigated. There might be some problem. There are lot reason for difficulty breathing/shortness of breath. A simple anemia can cause it. Ge tit checked.

Good luck

Dr. Jagdish
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Some time acid eruction due acid peptic disorder may also cause you difficult in breathing.How often you drink water ? do you have some pain in chest and abdomen ...acidity may had cause you this. Take antacid syrup for relaxation
drink plenty of water