Hypothyroidism, prescribed thyronorm, xenical, gained weight, on medicine to lose weight. Recommendations?

I have hypothyroidism. My doctor suggested me to take 50 mcg of Thyronorm daily early in the morning.He also gave me Xenical 120 mg to be taken after 15 days of taking Thyronorm 2 times a day followed by heavy meal. My TSH Level is 7.8 and T3 and T4 are normal. I have gained around 10 kg of weight. Just wanted to confirm if i am taking the right medicine. Its been only a week i am taking the medicine and how soon i can expect the results and loose my weight? Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013