Hypothyroid under control, have pain around thyroid with popping and fizzing sound, pain below chin, swallowing difficulty. Cancer sign?

Hi. I have hypothyroid . I have been on Armour thyroid for some time. My numbers were o.k.back in February, but I have not test since then. In the past couple of weeks I have had major pain in and around my thyroid, actually extends up the left side of my throat. Really hurts right below my chin . It is painful to swallow and feels like when I do, everything is going to the right side. I am also hearing a popping and fizzing noise that seems to be around my thyroid. I had a blood test on Friday, but have gotten no results yet. Is it possible it is cancer? Would the blood test show anything or should I ask for an ultrasound?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012